The Holy Cross Monastery is located north of the plain of Chora, in central Samos.
The monastery was built in 1592 and rebuilt in its present form in 1838, at the point
where the sacred spring was located. Spring water is still running, giving cool and cold water
on the hottest summer day. The church of the monastery has a large, well-treated iconostasis,
carved in walnut, interesting and worth a visit. There is a small shop selling monk handmade products.